Please also visit:
To compensate for header ads (imposed after-the-fact by Tripod) in this new cssJS.html version, entire CSS-layout positioning was nested inside outer <div id= "wrap"> with position: relative value.
Nested CSS-positioning explored here displayed content below header ads but centering varied:
- Firefox Win nicely centered below header ads;
- Firefox Mac off-center (to left) below header ads;
- IE 6.0 Win WAY off-center (FAR right) below header ads;
- IE 5.2 Mac off-center (to left) below header ads;
- Safari 2.0.2 Mac off-center (to left) below header ads;
- Opera 8.5 Mac off-center (to left) below header ads.
CSS centering is a bother. Started <div id= "wrap"> with CSS margin: auto (also text-align: center to body for IE), which is supposed to center elements. That failing, added display: block. Even enclosed eveything in <div align= "center">. Phooey!